The Ayden Guest House
70, Pilrig Street,
00(44)131 554 2187
Email us now
Ayden Guest House
The Ayden is only a 20 minute walk to Princes Street (the main shopping area) and all the city attractions. The Playhouse theatre, Omni multiplex and St James Shopping Centre are all within 10-15 minutes walking distance, as are the many restaurants, cafes and bars along Leith Walk and the Broughton area.
Getting around Edinburgh on foot is very easy and highly recommended – the majority of the main attractions are in the centre within walking distance of each other.
We are also on a main bus route – it is only a 5 minute bus journey to Waverley train station and the city centre in one direction and to the Leith Waterfront in the other direction.
The airport is 12 km from the Centre of Edinburgh. To get to Edinburgh city centre you can either:
- Take a taxi which will cost around £22 to bring you to the guest house.
- Take the airport bus which is £6.00 per person for an open return and will bring you to the city centre just outside the Waverley train station.
- From here you can take the No 11 bus from Princes Street or if you do not have much luggage you can walk to the guest house.
Waverley Train Station
This is in the city centre and from here you can either
- take the exit from the station to Princes Street and catch the No 11 bus from the bus stop on Princes Street just opposite the exit, which will bring you right to our door. You can buy the ticket on the bus. Bus fares are currently £1.50 per person and exact change is required.
- take a taxi (around £6-£8) ,
- if you do not have much luggage our guest house is 20 minutes walk away.
St Andrew's Bus Station
This is also located centrally and from here you can either walk (15 minutes) or take a bus.
There is free on-street parking on Pilrig Street. Usually there is no trouble finding space to leave your car. Although it is extremely safe to park your car in Pilrig Street don't tempt fate, bring any valuables and all your luggage in with you - just in case!
If you require further directions please do not hesitate to contact us.